Sunday, June 15, 2014

DIY Kate Spade for Keds


Hello Ladies!

Since I have a little time, I wanted to share with you my DIY Kate Spade for Keds sneakers. As soon as I saw these cute sneakers, I was in love. Now the price tag on the other hand...not so much. I found a great blogger on IG named LOVELYAMY27 who shared her DIY steps for the sneakers so I decided to do the same. She is where I received the inspiration and courage to attempt designing my sneakers. Make sure you check out her blog My SoapBox Moment as well. It was pretty easy for me and I spent about $10 for everything!! I had to share with you the outcome. 


Here is a list of what I used (Everything was purchased from Walmart):
  1. Basic white sneakers 5.97
  2. Gold Puffy Paint 1.00 (below)
  3. Gold Painters Marker 1.00 (below)
  4. Gold Metallic Marker 2.00 (below)


How did I add the dots?
  1. Remove the laces
  2. I stuffed the sneaker with some sturdy paper to make the sneaker as firm as possible around the toe area (newspaper or paper from the printer will work)
  3. I took the cap off of the Painters Marker and colored the inside of the cap (see above)
  4. I then took the cap and pressed firmly on the sneaker to create the perfect circle
  5. I used the gold puffy paint directly from the bottle and colored the inside of the circle stamp making sure the dots were smooth and not lumpy
  6. I filled in any missing spots with my metallic marker
  7. I did this all over the sneaker
  8. Allow to dry over night and add the laces
My DIY sneakers
Me wearing my sneakers 

The original ones by Kate Spade for Keds
                            I loved them so much, I decided to make a pair with black dots :)


For the black dots I used a different steps. Here is what I did:
  1. I grabbed a large 1-1/4in foam brush (shown above) to use the wooden end, NOT the blue foam end
  2. I added some of the black puffy paint to a napkin (A disposable plate or bowl will work better but I was just impatient this day LOL)
  3. Dip the wooden tip into the paint
  4. Press firmly on the sneaker adding dots all over
  5. While the sneakers were drying, I used a Red Sharpie to color the tips of the laces
  6. I also used a Black Sharpie (preowned) to color in any missing spots for my dots
My DIY sneakers 


Thanks for Stopping By,
LaTasha xo

*This post is NOT sponsored*

0 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT: