Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My 1st DIY Pencil Skirt

Prabal Gurung for Target Sandals(sold out), Charlotte Russe Tank(few seasons ago), MAC Lady Danger, Forever 21 Chandelier Earrings, Jewelmint Bracelet
Hey Luves! I am finally debuting my first DIY wearable piece. I am in love with my pencil skirt and proud of my accomplishment. I thought it was going to be a breeze making it, but I ran into a issue trying to get the skirt to fit my curved shape. I cut the skirt straight and boxed like a square, but that wasn't going to work. I had no room for my backside and hips because they are curved. I fixed that issue even though there is still a little scrunching in the front (NO, my stomach is not big. That's the skirt LOL). Practice makes perfect so next time I make a cotton pencil skirt I will sew darts to eliminate the scrunching. I am excited about my newest hobby :)

Thanks for stopping by,  

LaTasha xo

*This post is NOT sponsored*


0 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT: